- All holidaymakers must receive a document, by way of contract, which specifies the homeowner, the registration number with the Registry of Tourism, the holidaymaker’s details, the start and end dates of their stay, the total price of the stay, and contact number
- All holidaymakers must present their identification document so that the homeowner can register their data according to the norms of registry of travellers in hotels and similar.
- The arrival and departure times will be by mutual agreement between the homeowner and the renter. Unless otherwise stated, the arrival time will be at 16:00 and departure time at 12:00.
- Upon arrival, the homeowner must provide keys and/or access cards to the entire compound, as well as information about the use of appliances and the rules of the community.
- The advertised price has to be by night and it must include the costs of the use of water, light, cleaning and bedding.
- The terms of price, reservation and payment shall be established between the two parties, however, they must be stated in detail before the confirmation of the booking. Proof of advance payments must be provided, if applicable.
- The homeowner may request an advance payment as a deposit up to a maximum of 30% of the total price unless previously agreed.
- If the renter cancels their reservation up to 10 days beforehand, the homeowner may keep up to 50% of the deposit. If the cancellation is made with less than 10 days to spare, they may keep the entire advance payment.
- If the homeowner cancels the reservation up to 10 days beforehand, they must return the entire advance payment to the renter. If the cancellation is made less than 10 days beforehand, they must compensate the renter with 30% of the price of the contracted stay.